I was having trouble teaching people how to use the CLI version of the temp directory cleanup code (posted earlier). So, I cooked up this small VB app. Hope you like it.
If you need the code, I’ll attach it to this post later on.
Things I’ve learned while writing this little app:
- Drag’n’Drop files in my application
- Editing Windows registry settings
- Using the NotifyIcon + ContextMenuStrip
- Working with the new FileSystem object in .NET
- Getting to know the My.Computer workspace in VB.NET
All the above are quite interesting for me because I haven’t really used VB.NET since it came out. I was a VB4->6 Programmer for a while though, and the stuff mentioned above was “hardcore” VB programming. It’s nice to see it done so easily these days.
CleanUp VB.NET Code
- None Found