- May 6, 2008
#Food, #Italy, #Metro, ...
23-09-2007 departure from Beirut airport, destination Malpensa, Milano
Arrived there at 7:00AM – spent 1:45 between the huge crowd that was there. Most of the people simply passing thru Milan, as it is the cheapest airport this time of the year.
Arrived at Stazione Centrale (downtown Milan) at 9:30 – We took the shuttle from outside the Airport6EUR/person [ Malpensa Express ]
As I said in my earlier post, almost everything was set.
We used google-earth and google-maps to find the location of all our hotels. We also used google calendar with sms notifications to set reminders for our train departure times.
We packed light, not as light as we should have though. But here are some essentials one should take on such a trip:
- Rechargeable batteries + charger
- Water bottle
- Maps [ print out maps from google-maps or google-earth ] or [ buy an up-to-date guide for the city you’re about to visit ]
- Change your money beforehand [ especially with the euro fluctuating ]
- Photo-IDs [ We really didn’t use those, but we were lucky ]
- Inner wallet [ to keep the passports and extra money ]
- Wear something comfortable, and easy to wash/dry [ check this ]
- Laptop [ get a small one! ]
Some things that we shouldn’t have been packing:
- Extra clothing [ we had to take some formal outfits, never again! ]
We’ve been married for 2 months, and were both looking forward to this trip 🙂
Our agent, Amin, had proposed a list of places to go and things to see. He also made arrangements for all our hotel and train/plane tickets. So most of the trip was layed out before hand.
We really enjoyed it. Every part of it. And we’ll be posting some of the details of the time we spent in Italy in this blog under the Italian Holiday category. So stay tuned, you might find interesting stuff + some pointers for your own holidays!
P & A