On Sunday, we had lunch at my aunt’s. I came back home with a lot of goodies, one of which was a pumpkin!
I decided to cook again the recipe that my husband liked a lot last time, Pumpkin pasta with my own twist this time.
This Pumpkin weights about 4kgs. I only used half of it for this recipe.
- 2 kgsÂ PumpkinÂ peeled, seeds removed & cut to cubes
- 1 pack of spaghetti pasta
- 2 onions diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon (goes really well with pumpkin)
- 2 cubes of chicken stock (not liquid, the pumpkin contains enough water)
- 1/4 cup of white wine (whatever is available)
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, then add the onions on medium heat for 5 mns or until they become translucent.
Add the garlic and stir for one minute, then add the pumpkin, salt, pepper cinnamon and close the lid and let it simmer for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin becomes tender.
At this stage you can prepare the pasta by adding the pasta to the salted boiling water,Â and cook it according the package instructions.
Now we can add the wine to the pan and the stock cubes after splitting them to pieces and stir until they dissolve
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve the pumpkin and the pasta together and garnish with pine nuts
Hope that you will enjoy this recipe, I promise to post a photo of the dish soon.
- None Found